West Lauderdale Middle School Home
Lunch was recently far from the norm for Mrs. Kirby Simmons. She has been selected as the Jeffery Wilson State Farm Insurance Teacher of the Month for February! Click on the attached link to see how Mrs. Simmons learned about the good news.
Our English & Language Arts teachers are bringing learning to life. As part of a study on the Diary of Anne Frank, students are taking a virtual tour of her home. Click on the attached link to learn more about the assignment.
One of our very own has earned top honors at the Lauderdale County Spelling Bee. Congratulations to Noelle Carey for placing second in the competition. We are extremely proud of her accomplishment. Click on the attached link to hear from Noelle.
Hard work is paying off for LCSD scholars. Honor roll lists for the 2nd Nine Weeks are now available. Click on the attached link to view them. Keep up the #LCSDExcellence!
Thanks to our community partners, free exercise classes will be available for faculty and staff who want to participate. Click on the attached link to learn more about this opportunity.
Facts & Numbers
- A District's Grade Rating
- 86.4% Graduation Rate
- $5 Million in Scholarships Awarded
- 57 National Board Certified Teachers
- 74.6% Post-Secondary Enrollment
- 18.2 Average Composite LCSD ACT score
- 82.9% Experienced Teachers
- 50.9% Bachelor Degree Recipients
- 44.9% Master Degree Recipients
- 99.2% Pass Rate for Dual Credit Enrollment
- 97.4% LCSD Pass Rate for Third Grade Reading Assessment
- 68.1% score Silver & Higher on ACT WorkKeys
Watch Our Latest Video